Communication between breeders and exhibitors within the Great Lakes Region is very important. Regional meetings are called, as required, by the Regional Director. Regional newsletters are published on a quarterly basis. Minutes of meetings and newsletters are avalable online as follows. Also included are appropriate legislative alerts.
The residents of the Great Lakes Region also communicate and hold discussions on a mailing list - REG4. One must be a resident of the Great Lakes Region to join. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/reg4/ for subscription information.
- Regional Meeting - April 04, 2009 - Mansfield, OH
- Regional Meeting - January 17, 2009 - Parma, OH
- Regional Meeting - January 3, 2009 - Lockport, NY
- Regional Meeting - October 12, 2008 - Parma, OH
- Regional Meeting - March 17-18, 2007 - Monroeville, PA
- Regional Meeting - January 13, 2007 - Maumee, OH
- Regional Meeting - October 14-15, 2006 - Cleveland, OH
- Regional Meeting - January 14, 2006 - Maumee, OH
- Regional Meeting - November 17, 2005 - Hamburg, NY
- Regional Meeting - October 8, 2005 - Niles, OH
- Regional Meeting - June 10, 2005 - Bowling Green, OH
- Regional Meeting - April 23, 2005 - Erie, PA
- Regional Meeting - January 22, 2005 - Dearborn, MI
- Regional Meeting - November 28, 2004 - Hamburg, NY (PDF)
- Regional Meeting - October 9, 2004 - Niles, OH
- Regional Meeting - August 14, 2004 - Columbus, OH
- Regional Meeting - April 3, 2004.
- Regional Newsletter - July, 2003
Our July 2003 Regional Newsletter contains reports on the June 2003 CFA Board/Annual Meetings and the recent Regional Meeting, as well as information on the 2008 CFA Annual Meeting to be held in the Great Lakes Region.
- Regional Meeting - February 28, 2003
A short regional meeting was held at the MMCF show in E. Lansing, MI on 2/8/03.
It was announced that Ed Bodnovich will take over as the new Regional Treasurer.
The 2003 GLR Fundraiser will be held in Rochester, NY. Jerry Hamza & Rick
Mastin will be co-show-managers. Both have ideas on publicity that hopefully
will make this the premier show in the GLR.
- February 2003 Board Meeting Report
- CFA Legislative Committee News - February 2003
- CFA Legislative Committee News - October 2002
- Regional Meeting - July 20, 2002
At the brief regional meeting July 20th, 2002, the following was discussed &
decided(based on attendance & survey results):
- We will look for a central
location in which to have our regional show & banquet. Toledo area seems to be
the one of choice & Brenda Shafer as volunteered to investigate it for us.
- The regional show will be 6 ring with a 4 AB/2SP format.
- The judges will be selected by a vote from the regional clubs. This will begin with the 2004
- We can select 2 out of region judges for the regional show.
- What will be the regional fund raiser (aka regional qualifier) in 2003 will be
held in Niles, OH. It will be an 8 ring show with 6AB/2SP format. Some judges
for this show have been contracted but beyond 2003 the region will vote on
judges the same as the regional show.
The regional show & banquet for 2003 will be held in Livonia, MI & hosted by the
Midwest Persian Tabby Fanciers.
There was some question regarding the spouse of an officiating qualifier judge
exhibiting in the next closest region. I contacted Allene & it was as I thought.
"You are correct, it was discussed in February. The motion didn't say anything
about the cat having to be co-owned by someone in the region in which the cat
would be shown, just that the cat could be shown in the next closest qualifier.
I think the ruling that was made in February trumps the "owner must be in the
region" rule and that is how I would apply the ruling, i.e. the owner/co-owner
of such cat does NOT have to be a resident of the region in which the Qualifier
is being held."
The GLR Annual site for 2008 WILL be presented at this coming 2003 Annual in St.
Louis. If you know of a place that would fit the Annual requirements, please
contact me so I can let Allene know.
- Regional Meeting - January 15-16, 2000
- Regional Newsletter - February 1999 - Volume 1, No. 2
- Regional Newsletter - July 1999 - Volume 1, No. 3
- Regional Newsletter - November 1999 - Volume 1, No. 4
- Regional Meeting - September 25, 1999
- Regional Meeting - April 1999
* It is recommended that all clubs have a table available at their shows for distribution of show fliers rather than passing them out on top of the cages. Please see the article in the Regional Newsletter for full details of this suggestion.
* If anyone has suggestions for a regional fundraiser, please contact Liz Watson
* The show announcement for the Great Lakes Regional Show and Awards Banquet will be available on this site shortly. It will be in a Word Perfect 8 format, and it is recommended that clubs download the file and print off enough copies for distribution at their upcoming shows.
* Duplicate Regional and DM Awards
The Awards Committee has requested that you place your order for
DUPLICATE rosettes &/or trophies with Wilma Van Scoyk by the deadline of MAY 10, 1999 so
they will arrive in time for the Banquet. This also includes duplicate DM
awards. These awards must be paid for when ordered. Please contact Wilma (tel: 937-845-8156 fax: 937-845-1240)
for the price. Checks should be made payable to Great Lakes Region.
If you don't meet the deadline, you can place your order at the Awards Banquet &
the trophy/rosette will be shipped directly to you from the manufacturer.
- Regional Meeting - April 3, 1999
- Regional Meeting - January 16, 1999
- Regional Newsletter - November 1998 - Volume 1, No. 1
- Regional Meeting - October 10, 1998
- Regional Meeting - August 22, 1998
- Regional Message - August 4, 1998
- Regional Meeting - July 18, 1998
Copyright ©CFA Great Lakes Region.
Our photographs are copyrighted by the individual photographers.
Please enjoy them, but respect their copyright and do not download them.
Site maintained by Elizabeth Rymph